What is the Certified Modeling & Simulation Professional Certification Program?
The Certified Modeling & Simulation Professional (CMSP) certification program was created in 2002 to provide the Modeling & Simulation (M&S) industry with its own professional certification that remains valid for four years before recertification is required. The CMSP designation recognizes professionals with extensive experience and expertise in M&S.
- CMSP is the industry standard within the M&S community
- CMSP is a validation of M&S competency and professionalism
- CMSP recognizes individuals as leaders in the M&S community
- CMSP enhances professional advancement and career growth
- CMSP grants you membership to the M&S community of subject matter experts
- CMSP ensures that corporate employees are M&S accredited for their customer base
Who should pursue a CMSP certification?
A CMSP designation signifies competence, skill, and experience related to modeling and simulation. As such, anyone working in the M&S field and anyone who considers M&S to be their profession—developers, managers, analysts, and users/customers—should pursue the CMSP certification.
Once certified, you will obtain recognition from the M&S community as a leader in the profession; validation of your skills, knowledge, experience, and expertise; and greater opportunities for professional advancement and career growth.
What does a CMSP certification require?
To obtain a CMSP certification, you must complete a set of required steps:
- Meeting the education and work experience requirements
- Submitting an online application along with three professional letters of recommendation
- Pass the online CMSP Exam
- Signing a pledge that you will abide by the Simulationist Code of Ethics